|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 13, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
- A rarely available Manager: Fraud Operations role has just become available at a financial service company based in Johannesburg. Role Purpose: * The Manager: Fraud Operations will build, direct and manage a world class Fraud Operations team with regards to Card Issuing, Merchant acquiring and Online Fraud. This will include the design, management, maintain and improvement of fraud prevention and detection strategies through a combination of people and systems “solutions/approaches” to minimize incoming fraud, contain losses for the bank and our customers.
- Monitor the performance of the rules in the fraud monitoring systems to be effective in the early detection of all types of fraud and to escalate the necessary changes where needed or suggest new rules to be considered.
- Ensure logging of operational incidents and monitor internal control implementations
- To provide accurate statistics on a daily/monthly/weekly basis on all fraud reported, losses suffered, customer liabilities etc and to have accurate operational dashboards in place that is always up to date.
- Support and compliment the defining of fraud requirements for new product lines, product features or functions as applicable. This will include working closely with business/Partners/project managers on new products/features/enhancements etc and making sure that the requirements from a Fraud Operations perspective is clearly documented, catered for and built, tested and signed off before deployment to production (as applicable).
- Motivating and challenging the team to meet and exceed performance standards through continuous improvement and driving results
Experience and Qualifications
- A tertiary degree or Diploma in either in Risk management or relevant experience or Other diplomas, certificates, or training courses in Fraud
- Deep understanding of South Africa’s banking industry, culture, regulatory structures, and customers.
- At least a Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Fraud Operations environment
- Must have card and online fraud experience.
- Extensive fraud knowledge across all types of banking related fraud and modus operandi.
- Extensive knowledge bank systems and processes across all product types.
- Good understanding of charge back rules and processes.
- Understanding of the digital landscape, online fraud and the benefits technology can bring to provide customer entered solutions
- Good stakeholder management experience in a management position dealing with compliance risk.