|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 13, 2020|
- We have a vacancy available for a passionate and self-motivated Software Developer to join our client’s growing team of Engineers and Developers, working on ground breaking digital radio communication technology.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of embedded communication protocol software.
Our client offers a stimulating and engaging environment where they pride themselves on their high standards (both in terms of employees and products). You will have the freedom to advance your career in a workplace where individuals of ability and application have the support to develop rewarding careers.
Some of the benefits of a career with our client includes:
- International travel opportunities and exposure to international clients.
- Assistance with post-graduate studies.
- Opportunities to gain invaluable knowledge and expertise from senior employees who are experts in their respective fields and are eager to mentor co-workers.
- Work on cutting edge technology, new and existing standards and the company’s proprietary products.
- You will receive lunch daily.
- Minimum a B.Eng Electronic or Computer Engineering / Science degree
- 0 – 5 Years of software development experience in a professional capacity
The role includes:
- Your main responsibility will be the development of embedded software communication protocols. These protocols run on a variety of embedded platforms.
- Development of layer 2 & 3 software components.
Specialised Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- Experience writing embedded software in C++
- Experience in Developing airborne software according to DO-178
- Experience in test-driven development
- Knowledge of the OSI stack paradigm
- Experience with VOIP implementation of H.264
- Experience with IP and L3 Routing / MANET implementations