|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jul 13, 2021|
Other / General Jobs
-Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan activities in accordance with production schedules and allocation of resources as required.
- Assist in ensuring that TMM auto electrical equipment and installations meet the required designs, installation and maintenance standards.
- Ensure that all assessments of potential hazards of the operation of equipment and installations are undertaken in accordance with procedures.
- Maintenance and repairs of all TMM auto-electrical equipment in the underground, specifically with regards to the following: Drill Rigs (DD320, DD321, DD321, DD420, DD421 & DD422i), Cable Bolters (DS421, DS422i & DS412i), Roof Bolters (DS411), Maclean Bolter (946), LHD (LH410, LH517i & LH621i), Dump Trucks (TH430), TH540 & TH551i), Shotcrete, Manitou and Agicars etc.
- Ensure fixed, mobile and transportable TMM auto electrical equipment associated with hot work or live testing, installed or operated are suitably certified in line with operational standards.
- Ensure that equipment is suitable for use in the underground mine.
- Ensure that the maintenance and overhaul of TMM auto electrical equipment installed and/or operated or intended to be installed and/or operated is in accordance with relevant standards.
- Align with planned maintenance, including the maintenance of relevant records for all auto electrical equipment and installations in the area of responsibility.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective communication to relevant stakeholders to minimize production delays.
- Upholding of safety, health and environmental standards to achieve ZERO HARM.
- Training and development of subordinates.
This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the Senior Engineering Foreman.
-Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with pure Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate Auto Electrician / Electrician
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Auto Electrician or 5 years combined experience as an Auto electrician and Electrician in an Underground Mining Environment.
- TMM Mining equipment experience.
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance, repairs and fault finding of the following equipment: Drill Rigs (DD320, DD321, DD321, DD420, DD421 & DD422i), Cable Bolters (DS421, DS422i & DS412i), Roof Bolters (DS411), Maclean Bolter (946), LHD (LH410, LH517i & LH621i), Dump Trucks (TH430), TH540 & TH551i), Shotcrete, Manitou and Agicars etc.
- Sound knowledge and experience on the maintenance and repairs of PDS, PDI, Camera’s, lighting circuits of diesel machines & real time systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, especially with regards to auto-electrical problems in UG TMM mining and ancillary equipment.
- Planning and control of maintenance schedules as per SAP PM.
- Additional Information
-Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to:
o SAPS Criminal Record verification and a valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License.
o Qualifications Verification.
o Relevant Psychometric and Technical Assessments