|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Mar 25, 2021|
Other / General Jobs
- Load and off-load patients from ambulances and private vehicle on to the stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Accompany ambulant patients to Out Patients at the directive of Nursing personnel or supervisor.
- Fetching patients from the ward to other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Clean stretchers and wheelchairs and prepare for re-use.
- Recording of patients’ movement from one point to another as directive from your supervisors and nursing personnel.
- Assisting Clinicians and Nursing in transportation of patients as requested so.
- Ensuring cleanliness of all stretchers and wheelchairs and timeous reporting of faulty equipment to your Principals.
- Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross infection.
- Fold soiled linen and place into laundry bags. Place clean linen on to stretchers.
- Perform any other Portering tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- Grade 10 or Standard 8.
- Abet Training, Ability to read and Write.
- Experience in hospital environment.
- Good physical health, good interpersonal relations.
- Good communication skills.
- Exposure to a CHC environment.
- Comply to all Health and Safety rules and always putting on provided uniform and safety clothing at all times.
- Always wearing your identity name tag when executing your official duties.