|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2019|
Other / General Jobs
To respond to fire and emergency situations, conduct fire prevention duties, up-keeping and servicing of fire equipment.
- To perform fire protection duties on IMDG vessels, berths, rail sidings and any other duly approved site within port
- To inspect fire equipment in all TNPA buildings and floating crafts to ensure that equipment are in good working
condition and are readily accessible and available in case of fire incidents.
- To man the fire control room to ensure that protection duties by Fire Fighters are well coordinated and that incidents
are accurately and timeously recorded.
- Respond to incidents as emergency crews on a first strike capacity.
- Perform the role of driver/operator for emergency response appliances.
- Perform ventilation and salvage task during and after the incident.
- Perform fire patrols at routine intervals.
- Carry, move and handle of all fire fighting equipment.
- Man the fire equipment on board tugs during vessel incidents.
- Standby, inspection and close out of hot work.
- Visual inspection and testing of sprinkler systems.
- Carry out any reasonable and lawful instruction given by Chief Fire Officer/Senior Fire
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or Matric
- Fire Fighter 1 & 2 (NFPA 1001)
- First Aid Level 3
- Code C1 drivers’ license
- 6 to 12 Months Fire Fighting experienc