|Location||Bloemfontein, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 10, 2019|
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
Broker Services South – Bloemfontien region has a position available for a Service Consultant who will be based in Bloemfontein. The Service Consultant will be responsible for inbound/outbound telephonic communication with client base.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Relationship and Technical Management function and is responsible for delivering quality service to customers, who could be either internal or external to Santam (including brokers, customers, partners and suppliers). Ensures the quality of service exceeds customer expectations and establishes constructive relationships with client base
Principal accountabilities includes but not limited to:
- Prepare basic reports and statistics based on risk analysis.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to provide information, feedback and follow through on queries and/ or instructions
- Address unusual and non-standard customer issues including underwriting and commercial related queries.
- Task related decision making within set policies and procedures
- Research to assist in addressing non-standard underwriting issues
- Create client profiles for identified risks
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- FAIS credits: 60 credits Commercial Lines and 30 credits Personal Lines
- RE 1
- At least 2 years within the short term insurance industry essential
- At least 1 year Commercial Lines experience
- Proficiency in MS office packages is essential
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Qlikview
- Bilingual (Afrikaans and English) would be advantageous
- Understanding and knowledge of Santam processes
- Understanding of all relevant customer support systems and processes related to all products
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.