|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 12, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
- The insurance arm of a leading bank is seeking a Technical Accountant, who will be central to setting up their new accounting advisory arm. The successful candidate will be especially focussed on the delivery of IFRS 17, and any existing exposure to that regulation within your CV will be a plus.
On a daily basis, you will be called upon to provide technical opinions to the finance team, lead the IFRS 17 project due for completion in 2024 (testing from 2023), and generally act as the expert on current industry standards and regulations.
You will be an excellent communicator with a passion for all aspects of finance. You will have the ability to create and share the reporting frameworks and templates that the finance team will need to ensure compliance, and will always stay abreast of any and all technical changes
The role is open in terms of level, the more important thing is to find a technically minded, fully qualified CA(SA), who has an excellent ability to fit in as a trusted team player in this extremely warm, welcoming, and well-respected finance team.
Qualifications for Technical Accountant role
- Fully qualified CA(SA), ideally 2+ years’ post-qualified however all candidates will be considered equally on their own merits
- Exceptional academic track record (track record of excellence from matric through to CTA, academic articles, or similar)
Key skills and experience:
Exposure to the insurance sector, advantageous (either in a PQE role, or during articles)
- IFRS17 understanding or exposure, highly advantageous for the main project
- Confident and comfortable to give specialised advice on technical matters
- Articulate in speech, and in written English, when expressing opinions
- An excellent and thorough researcher
- Technically extremely strong, demonstrating attention to detail, especially when it comes to IFRS
Self-starter with a passion for their career and their own self-development
Candidates who are looking for a flexible and modern environment
An individual who is looking for longevity in a permanent role