The South African Traffic Department has launched a huge recruitment drive, to begin training in 2020.
In a statement released the South African Traffic Department said it is looking for young people between the ages of 18 and 30.
Expiring Date 30-06-2020
- Senior Certificate
- RTMC National Diploma for traffic officers
- Registered as a Traffic Officer
- Valid Code B driver’s licence (Code A and/or EC will be
- Computer literacy
- Completed First Aid course
- No criminal record
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring that all traffic regulations and by-laws are effectively
- Performing duties associated with the reduction of traffic
- Delivering on all specialised traffic policing functions assigned to
- Maintaining effective and efficient stakeholder relations,
- Ensuring performance on all administrative sequences related to
statutory documentation, registers and statistics.
- Ensuring adherence to all general organisational protocols, policy
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in cleaning, linen, stock and food related services in a hospital/health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Incumbent must be prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the South Africa.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation.
- Appropriate knowledge with the use of the cleaning equipment, cleaning materials and cleaning detergents; stock and linen.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver an effective cleaning service such as dusting, sweeping, polishing, scrubbing and mopping of floors, clean furniture and other equipment and empty dustbins.
- Effective use of cleaning agents, equipment and provide a hygienic environment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is cleaned after usage and securely stored.
- Safekeeping and stock control of linen, stock, consumables and equipment.
- Serve meals to patients and when required prepare basic snacks.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment in terms of standards and procedures.
- Optimal support to supervisor and colleagues.
At Sasol, we value people. When we speak about people, we do not exclusively refer to our 31 270 employees in the 32 countries in which we operate. But the tens of thousands of contractors and suppliers who work with us daily. We also refer to the communities in which we operate and the customers we serve.
We are guided by our common goal, in all we do – to make Sasol a great company that delivers long-term value to its shareholders and employees; a company that has a positive association for all stakeholders.
In striving to be an employer of choice, Sasol ensures that our recruitment and selection process is fair and impartial. We welcome to our teams skilled, exceptional and motivated people who are passionate about our business.