This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Tug Master
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Marine Services
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Marine Technical Manager
Grade Level : F
Reference Number : 10157354
Position Purpose :
Responsible and accountable for the overall management of the craft.
- Safe manoeuvring of shipping within the port, namely berthing, un-berthing and shifting of vessels to dry – dock (vessels
entering and leaving the docks).
- Provision of specialized fire – fighting services, Towage, Inter-port voyages, salvage, search and rescue services.
- Training of Tug Masters and crew.
- Effective maintenance schedule to conform to laid down policies and legislation.
- Effective management of on board personnel and expenditure budget.
- Provision of a safe, efficient & cost-effective Tug Service
Position outputs :Effective resource utilization
Continue To Apply
The post Tug Master NMB Ports appeared first on Jobs & Vacancies.