The South African Institution of Civil Engineering is calling on civil engineering and technical course students to apply for its comprehensive bursary programme called SPEBS, or SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Programme.
Initially established as the Cape Society of Civil Engineers the organization later changed its name to South Africans Society of Civil Engineers. By 1948, the group changed to its current name. The organization now has about 8,000 members from all over the country.
SAICE Patrons Bursary Programme
The bursary programme was established as a means of providing financial assistance to students pursuing a Civil Engineering qualification. The bursary award amounts to R6,500 per semester and should take care of school-related expenses such as :
- Tuition and registration fees
- Book fees
- Other school-related expenditures
The SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Programme does not guarantee job placement – permanent or otherwise – when the bursars finally complete their studies.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for the bursary programme, applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must be pursuing a Civil Engineering qualification or relevant National diploma course
- Must have completed (with no failed marks) all subjects
- Must have passed first year examinations (bursary will cover students in their second to fourth year of studies
- Must be taking up studies at an accredited tertiary education institution
- Solid academic record
- Must be financially incapable of pursuing studies
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to download the application form. In addition, clear copies of the following supporting documents will need to be submitted together with the application form:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of transcript of records
- Selected applicants will need to submit a certified copy of their proof of registration at a tertiary institution
Download the application form by clicking the link below:
Fully accomplished applications and complete supporting documents may be sent using the following methods:
Private Bag X200
011 805 5971
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications (for 2nd semester) is on 31 July 2019.
For further enquiries, call 011 805 5947 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
The post SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme appeared first on Jobs & Vacancies.