Sandton, South Africa
July 16, 2019
Responsible for maximizing the sales and exceeding targets for a given portfolio of products through the different sales & promotion activities within a certain geographic territory.
Product Promotion & Sales:
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives
- Implement value added programs across the territory
- Effective selling skills.
- Achievement of territory Sales Targets.
- Market Share growth
- Achievement of activity objectives.
- Effective promotional meetings.
- Distributing product marketing literature to HCP.
- Providing approved information to HCP on Pfizer products, e.g. proper medical usage, dosage amounts and side effects.
- Reporting visits and other activities using MI.Customer Relations:
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance territory knowledge to gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Ensure that accurate, timely and relevant customer knowledge is captured and shared with colleagues using agreed processes e.g. electronic customer management systems
- Customer rapport.
- Coverage and frequency ( on high potential customers )
- Maintain a list of up to date target customers
- Up to date customer records.
- Up to date customer database
- High level of customer service e.g. timely response to telephone calls, letters and general requests from customers.
- Access with ‘hard to see’ customers
- Customer plans for KOLs on territory
- Providing feedback to sales management on customer requests, responses to promotions and product access and competitive activities.Territory Planning & Management:
- Diagnosis of situation of territory e.g. local market drivers and initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of territory action plan to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and execute territory business plan.
- Production of workable territory action plan with objectives.
- Territory plan implemented/updated as necessary.
- Achievement of objectives outlined in plan.
- Demonstration that territory knowledge has been acted on.
- Territory team plans effectively link to geographical team plan for relevant promoted products.
- Preparing Plan for his/ her territory and products.
- Presenting reports according to Sales Manager recommendations and market needs.
- Planning and organizing regular value added programs.Market Intelligence:
- Feedback to Team, Head Office and Manager of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns – key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. formularies, budgets, funding, and new development.
- Territory sales analysis
- Attending regular sales meetings with SM, general meetings and cycle meetings.
- Capture and feedback on market intelligenceTeamwork:
- Liaise with team members to share information, motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the generation and delivery of the territory plan.
- Team rapport.
- Achievement of shared territory plan objectives.
- Feedback – team members and manager (giving & receiving).
- Effective communication.
- Sharing of appropriate information.
- Good territory management e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Attend team meetings
- Share customer / territory information with colleaguesAdministrative Systems:
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is available at all times.
- Knowledgeable and able to work to the Pfizer compliance standards
- Accurate, timely reports.
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Diary planned.
- Up to date territory records.
- Computer literacy e.g. MI
- Adherence to MAPP and Pfizer SOPs
- Timely update of records and systems
- Produce reports – as requested by SM
- Pfizer policies – 100% compliance
- Understand and work to SOPsSelf Development:
- Proactively implement/update personal development plans in order to develop self further within current role
- Development of skills, knowledge and competency.
- Receive and act on feedback from team members, trainer, and managers.
- Learning clinical papers, new sales materials and keeping up to date with relevant disease knowledge
- IDP in place
- Actively seek feedback
- Develop, own and implement IDPAdditional Assignments:
- As agreed with line manager, undertake additional assignments, ensuring objectives are met and outputs delivered to the brief given
- Feedback from project stakeholders
- Delivery on project deliverables
- Dependent on project and capability of colleagueSkills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical or Pharmaceutical education background.
- Promoted product knowledge.
- Company information systems.
- Effective selling and presentation skills
- Basic Computer ability – e.g. Excel / PowerPoint /WORD/ FF SFA Tool usage
- Working knowledge of healthcare environment and customer types.Competencies:
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Acts Decisively
- Seizes Accountability
- Grows Self
- Change Agile
- Self Awareness
- Commits to “ One Pfizer”
- Peer RelationshipsQualifications:
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Valid driver’s license
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.
Continue To Apply
The post Professional Medical Rep appeared first on Jobs & Vacancies.