OPERATIONAL MANAGER – NIGHT DUTY REF NO: PSH 86/2023 (X2
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: KWAZULU-NATAL DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SALARY: R497 193 per annum. Other benefits: 12% rural allowance, medical aid (optional) and housing allowance (employee must meet prescribed requirements
CENTRE: Port Shepstone Regional Hospital
Matric/Senior Certificate. Degree/Diploma in General nursing science. Diploma in Midwifery nursing science. Current registration with South African Nursing Council as a general nurse and midwife/Accoucher. A minimum of 7 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a General Nurse and midwife in a hospital environment. Current SANC Receipt for 2023. NB: Shortlisted candidates will be advised to submit proof of working experience endorsed by Human Resource Department/ Employer, qualification certificates and SANC receipt. Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Leadership, management, planning, organizing and co-ordination skills. Knowledge of relevant Acts, prescripts, policies and procedures governing health care service delivery. Clinical competencies and policy formulation. Sound knowledge of nursing care delivery approaches and scope of practice in the areas under their control. Sound knowledge of priority programs, clinical guidelines, protocols, policies and procedures. Good communication, interpersonal, negotiation, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management, counselling, teaching, mentorship and supervisory skills. Basic financial management skills. Knowledge of Code of Conduct, Labour Relations and related policies.
- Ensure smooth running of the hospital in the absence of senior management.
- Ensure adequate supervision of staff and provision of quality patient care in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate and strengthen implementation of health care service delivery policies, procedures, clinical guidelines, protocols, plans and strategies aimed at achieving service excellence.
- Participate and ensure implementation of Regulated Norms and Standards, National Health Priorities, Ideal hospital, and maintenance realization, Batho Pele principles, quality improvement initiatives including national priority program plans.
- Identify staff training needs, ensure that effective development takes place and monitor performance thereof.
- Ensure that KZN priority objectives are met and demonstrate effective communication with staff, patients, colleagues, and clinicians including report writing and presentation and ensure effective and efficient management and utilization of resources including staff, material, financial, etc.
- Exercise control of discipline, grievance and labour relations in terms of laid down policies and procedures.
- Participate in analysis, formulation, implementation and review of hospital and unit standard operating procedures, standards and procedures.
- Take charge ship of hospital after hours in the absence of senior management.
- Ensure efficient data flow and information management and maintain client and staff satisfaction through setting and monitoring of service standards.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of Covid-19 protocols.
Applications should be posted to: The Human Resource Manager, Port Shepstone Regional Hospital, Private Bag X5706, Port Shepstone, 4240 or 11 – 17 Bazley Street, Port Shepstone, 4240. NB: applicants are encouraged to utilise courier services (only short listed candidates will be requested to submit proof of qualifications and other related documents).
Detailed application for employment (Z83) and Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies must not be submitted when applying for employment. The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the State Security Agency (SSA) to the following checks (criminal clearance, credit records, and citizenship), verification of Educational Qualifications by SAQA, verification of previous experience from Employers and verification from the Company Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC). Due to financial constraints, S&T claims will not be paid to candidates who attended interviews. The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the NIA to the following checks: security clearance, credit records, qualification, citizenship and previous experience employment verifications.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs MC Maqutu Tel No: (039) 688 6117
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023
Visit for more opportunities.