Murray & Roberts Cementation invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Artisan Diesel Mechanic. The successful candidate will report to the Foreman Engineering.The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
Artisan Diesel Mechanic
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Section 26 Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate / MIETTB Trade Certificate through a registered body
- Valid Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Code EB driver’s licence
- Good communication skills in English
- Sound problem solver
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Team leadership and management skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver within agreed parameters
- Able to make decisions within agreed parameters
- Sound learning agility and able to adapt to new technologies
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 1+ year’s mining industry experience (underground and surface)
- 1+ year’s trade experience as a Diesel Mechanic
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Engineering installations are constructed according to agreed standards, policies and procedures
- Engineering equipment is repaired according to agreed standards and schedules
- Engineering equipment is maintained according to agreed standards and schedules
- Competent, positive and motivated team
- Cost containment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Compliance with SHEQ, M&RC and client standards, policies and procedures
- Effective self-management and alignment with M&RC values
Murray & Roberts Cementation is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply On Company Site
The post Murray & Roberts Vacancies Apply appeared first on GovNet.