Date: Feb 22, 2019
Location: Boksburg. Commuting to Bryanst, GT, ZA
AFC – Danone Southern Africa (Pty),a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Research & Development Technologist: Packaging South Africa (ZA) Boksburg. Commuting to Bryanston 2/3 days per month Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
This position focuses on innovation and process & packaging optimization. To assist in delivering new product launches and to optimise costs through productivity projects (by specifications, suppliers and process].
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide input for Packaging Supplier Brief supporting product launches
- Sourcing Specifications and Supply Chain Support – defining quality and technology standards and specifications for sourcing,
- Use of Cape Pack (palletization software)
- Understand and accommodate for the impact of regulatory/statutory on proposed NPD product
- Produce prototypes to deliver against Product Brief
- Facilitate sensory evaluation with aware tasters
- Ensure target costs for recipe are delivered, complete all costing BOMs
- Log- workflows for SAP BOM changes related to formulations
- Ensure products are launched according to planned timelines
- Develop processing parameters for R&D projects – using commercially viable specifications whilst maintaining required quality standards
- Project implementation, pilot resource usage, evaluate together with the Industrial team process & engineering performance
- Train the Industrial team on all new products at Handover
- Validating product and process performance post launch
- Develop and sign off with QA all specifications (ingredients, draft and finished goods) and SOPs
- Identify and manage risks associated with Projects
- Development and maintenance of technical expertise within technologies relevant to categories
- Prepare for and participate in COVI (productivity)/Innovation project team and PST meetings
- Attend and participate all relevant factory meetings and action plans relevant to R&D
- Prepare for and complete reports pertaining to all trials (pilot , industrial, sensory & shelf-life) as per GOOSE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESS
SUPPORT THE BUSINESS CASE
- Establish strong R&D Technical support partnerships QA, SSD, Marketing, Suppliers, Industrial functions and Exports.
- Build good relationships with major suppliers and remain up to date with new developments, innovation and technology
- Participate in the R&D network in order to facilitate exchanges
R&D TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO THE PRODUCTION TEAM
- Assist with trouble shooting by conducting investigations to understand root cause analyses
- Document all learnings and share with other technical experts in the business and write up SOPs
- Educate brand teams on dairy & yoghurt processing so that they can get an understanding of plant operations SUPPORT THE GOOSE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESS
- Provide R&D input into the business case document to motivate for NPD/Renovation Project
Academic and Trade Qualifications
- Packaging diploma
- Diploma in Food Technology, B Sc Degree in Food Science would be an added advantage
- Valid Driver’s license required as this role entails travelling to suppliers as well as the various Danone offices as required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in complex process plant preferably in food manufacturing
- Experience in new pack design, development, and industrial implementation (preferably in dairy industry
- Project and Portfolio Management will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with a cross functional production and marketing team
- Good understanding of relevant regulations and legislation
- A knowledge of major contemporary trends in food packaging
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office), numeracy and analytical skills.
Personal Characterisics and Behavioural Characteristics
- Innovation, curiosity and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizing skills
- Good verbal ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Action-orientated with a drive for results.
- Passion for excellence in execution
- Team player able to work effectively and supportively with own team and with multifunctional teams with transversal leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
The post Learnership Opportunities At Danone appeared first on GovNet.