|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 16, 2020|
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum of 3 years’ retail and sales experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in supervision/management of a staff complement of between 3 and 8 people
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Qualification within the health focus category
- Relevant experience in the vitamins, supplements and health food industry
- SAP experience
- Qlikview experience
- Direct and support sales staff under the guidance of the Store Manager and in accordance with the Dis-Chem policies, procedures and retail working practices.
- Ensure implementation of Head office, Regional Manager and Regional Health Manager Strategy and initiatives.
- Manage staff member performance through the performance management system.
- Ensure the Health Division is adequately staffed at all times, and establish an appropriate work roster.
- Manage all in-store promoters for the department.
- Manage and address customer compliments and complaints.
- Serve customers and implement a high standard of customer care and service.
- Maintain merchandising and displays, to ensure a high standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure all goods are correctly priced and labelled.
- Working towards achieving department, vendor, brand, products and sales objectives.
- Ensure monthly promotions are implemented effectively to maximise its objectives.
- Maintain optimal stock levels through effective planning, monitoring and ordering of stock.
- Manage sales representatives and direct supplier orders.
- Ensure proper stock rotation to prevent the stock from expiring.
- Manage back shopping in the designated areas.
- Be accountable and manage stock control through effective planning and ordering of stock in collaboration with Dis-Chem’s warehouse and suppliers.
- Product knowledge
- Management of staff and stock
- Sales and promotional management
- Good communication skills
- Financial skills
- Set up and interpret financial reports
- Customer service
- Honest and trustworthy
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Able and physically fit for walking, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, and pushing, pulling lifting and moving objects
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account