|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 16, 2020|
- Diploma / degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject ; or
- Matric certificate and Studying towards a Diploma/ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Knowledge of C, C#, Java and SQL it’s a must.
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Good planning and self-management skills.
- Team work and willingness to listen to others.
- Eagerness to learn new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of .NET languages, besides Java (e.g. Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- Knowledge of single-board and embedded environments (e.g. Raspberry PI).
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Familiarity with SQL and MSSQL Server, MariaDB, MySQL and H2
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Proficient with Windows 10, Microsoft office products.
- Proficient with Linux OS
- GUI development.
- Candidates with Python, C++, Assembler will have an added advantage
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive)
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Maintain existing code base
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code in C, C#, JAVA, Assembler, SQL
- Test, deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alteratives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop Hardware and Firmware for Electronics.
- Critical thinking
- Service orientation
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as TFS
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with database design and writing stored procedures