|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 10, 2019|
This position reports to a senior audit manager, who reports to the CAE. As part of the Aligned assurance team, the internal audit division works closely with the second line assurance providers. Given the pivotal role of technology, this is a key role within the assurance team and requires significant collaboration with other group divisions, assurance providers, internal audit teams and outsourced/co-sourced assurance providers. Responsibilities:
- The IT audit manager is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of the assurance activities for IT operations both locally and internationally, as part of the aligned assurance framework. The incumbent will also serve as an advisor on key projects. Key functions include technical oversight, deep analysis of processes, gap identification and control improvement design.
- Key performance areas are timeous completion of projects, ensuring the quality of IT assurance activities and the coordination of cost-effective IT assurance activities.
- Minimum a relevant information systems degree with CISA or CISSP; ideally a related honours degree
- Ideally 5-6 years relevant experiences of which 1-2 years in a supervisory/management role
- A broad knowledge and understanding of IT architectures and systems will be essential, as well as first-hand experience of major projects and/or system implementations. The ability to manage and execute cyber security reviews is essential.
- The potential to manage a team and to work alongside senior stakeholders.
- The applicant should be familiar with Microsoft applications, Active Directory, SQL and Oracle databases, cloud environments, networks, endpoint protection and cyber threats etc.
- The IT audit manager requires the superior analytical abilities, structured thought processes and strong (written and oral) communications skills. The person should also be passionate about making a difference, add value to key IT processes and demonstrate the ability to be persuasive.
- While the IT audit team itself is small, the position requires the orchestration of effective working relationships between many different players, including persons outside of the internal audit reporting structure, e.g. in the TFG IT team and business divisions.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision, a resilient and optimistic approach to life and the desire to understand how and why things work are required.
- The ability to relate IT risks back to business process risks to demonstrate the impact on TFG operations.