|Location||Centurion, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 13, 2020|
Create and deliver data-driven solutions that add business value through the use of machine learning models, data exploration and visualisation techniques.
Education and Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Actuarial science and associate or fellow member of ASSA, or
- BSc/BEng Computer Engineering degree with undergraduate subjects or final year project in AI/ML.
- Beneficial: Master’s degree with specialisation in Machine Learning or peer-reviewed scientific work in machine learning will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- 2 years’+ experience in applying machine learning in the engineering or financial services industry
- Extensive experience in Python and SQL.
- NoSQL (MongoDB/Elastic) skills an advantage.
- Cloud computing background (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) an advantage.
- Deep theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques, statistics, probability theory, linear algebra etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning techniques to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated skills in formulating business problems to that can be solved with machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to select the right machine learning tools and techniques for the job.
- Experience translating findings into business recommendations and actions.