|Location||Midrand, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 16, 2020|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
- Grade 12 / Matric
- BCom Accounting, Quantitative Management, Logistics and Supply Chain or Inventory Management qualification
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Planning
- SAP experience or certification and Advance Excel.
- Previous experience in Inventory Planning and Procurement, Business Analysis and Customer Service and Experience in Pharmaceutical or FMCG.
- Analyse future planning and projections for all global sourcing requirements for both Dis-Chem stores and Distribution Centre’s (DC’s).
- Ensure the effective utilisation of forecasting methods and software tools to deliver and monitor forecast accuracy.
- Establish and maintain consolidated reports.
- Analyse and maintain long range sales forecasts on a weekly basis to ensure recommended order quantities are based on reasonably accurate sales forecasts.
- Conduct daily and weekly analysis and monitoring of all POS activity to develop the right forecast and delivery strategy.
- Analyse Dis-Chem stores and DC’s flows to predict potential out of stocks and determine the best actions to address.
- Monitor and understand demand plan accuracy with the aim of minimising inaccuracies and the impact thereof.
- Analyse reports daily to identify issues that impact in-stock and or inventory at both store level and DC’s, to optimise availability and maximise inventory efficiency.
- Review orders and ensure they are within DSC guidelines.
- Review recommended replenishment purchase orders on a weekly basis, and place orders as required to maintain adequate levels of inventory across the supply chain network.
- Review orders and ensure they are within OTB guidelines.
- Forecast import DC stock split, to be used in the planning of required stock allocation or delivery for the first month and preceding months.
- Analyse past and current business trends and provide recommendations and improve opportunities; gain alignment on recommendations and implement findings.
- Display anomalies and assist in relevant changes advised by buyers to rework necessary calculations.
- Running relevant reports for the importance of providing buyers with necessary information for sales and stock at a particular point in time.
- Assist with compiling monthly reports and monthly summaries.
- Establish and maintain monthly status reports and present to the relevant buyer’s and category manager.
- Prepare and update monthly summary of Pharma purchases, to be presented at monthly planning meetings.
- Establish and maintain a relationship among planners, sales, marketing and finance, for effective knowledge sharing and optimal forecasting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams/departments to incorporate the on-boarding of new products, retirement of old products, customer-specific inventory requirements and regulatory changes into the demand planning process and recommendations.
- Support the Replenishment team on new store setups, inventory analysis and case fill rate.
- Support collaboratively with internal Supply Planning Team on future inventory needs.
- Highest level of data analysis skills, aptitude for technology and excellent problem solving and initiative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Time management, self-motivated, results focused and deadline driven.
- Deadline driven.
- Demonstrate proficiency in statistics, forecasting with understanding of financial and operational impacts, and mathematical reasoning.
- English – Read, write and speak well.
- Understanding of basic financial principles.
- Trustworthy, Honest, Enthusiastic and Behave with Integrity.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account