|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Mar 17, 2020|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
To perform in this position successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform:
Aftermarket Sales Responsibilities:
- Selling of aftermarket products such as parts, forks, tyres and other accessories
- Overall responsibility to achieve sales, growth and profitability targets in an assigned sales territory
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
- Inform and resolve customers questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Quote prices, credit terms and other specifications
- Emphasise product features based on analyses of customer’s needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing
- Overall responsibility to meet grow / market share; responsible to analyse, prepare and successfully implement strategy to target and convert new business accounts; cold calling on potential new accounts
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service – ensure that customer expectations in all regards are exceeded by building and nurturing partnerships based on a thorough understanding of the clients business and unique needs and challenges (drive customer service excellence, ensure good communication with customers, develop and implement strategy to ensure proper / scheduled cover of assigned territory, developing partnerships with and tailor made solutions for clients; evaluation of own development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed).
- Responsible to ensure mutually agreeable solutions to problems experienced by customers are reached and prompt actions / delivery on promises are performed
- Sound financial management of deals in line with budget and company strategic objectives (ensure sales targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, ensure key administrative support functions are diligently executed, ensure discounts are approved / within limits; etc.).
- Preparation and presentation of reports as and when required.
- Overall responsibilities to ensure administrative procedures and duties are followed correctly and accurately as well as timeously; maintenance of customer records, etc.
- Ensure proper internal customer service and prompt and courteous communication is developed and maintained with other departments.
- Participative responsibility to grow department in line with company requirements
- Assist with stock take when required
- Ability to develop and implement operational innovation