|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 16, 2020|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
Leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company requires an Aviation Consultant to assist with BARS Audit - Please note this is a contract position ONLY SGS is looking for an Aviation advisor to assist as and when required to assist with the maintenance of the BARS Audits.
The ideal candidate for this position must be an accredited BARS auditor with specialization in the field of Maintenance.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Aviation Compliance Manager you will be expected to:
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Statement of Integrity.
- Compliance to all relevant operational quality policies and procedures.
- Compliance to all relevant Aviation Compliance SOP’s.
- Familiarization with aviation audit and advisory processes and practices.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the management system.
- Maintain effective client liaison in the course of above duties.
- Be compliant to all QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- Preparing written audit and project reports with recommendations for the conduct and continuous improvement of Client aviation activities, when involved.
- Maintain professional contact and effective working relationships with Clients.
- Discharging the administrative duties required for the efficient conduct of their position.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Statement of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Complete BARS audits as per the guidelines indicated by the Flight Safety Foundation
Qualification and Experience
- Hold or have held an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License or have an Aeronautical Engineering degree
- 2 years’ experience performing quality assurance audits or quality system evaluations of aviation engineering and maintenance activity or 2 years as an airworthiness inspector for a National Regulatory Authority
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Client and supplier liaison experience.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Administration and financial background and experience.