|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Nov 7, 2019|
Accounting Finance Jobs
Our client is a small, but well-established family business in the transport logistics industry. They require an Accountant to take ownership of the full maintenance of accounting records within the company, including supervision of financial staff (Debtors, Creditors, Bookkeeper). They require an independent thinker, a problem solver and somebody with the ability to deal with large volumes of workload effectively
(The advertised salary range is merely a guideline to attract a range potentially suitable candidates to the position. This doesn’t automatically mean that a successful candidate can claim an offer for the maximum advertised salary. It is the prerogative of the future employer to offer a candidate a market related remuneration package in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and level of experience)
- Tertiary qualification in finance
- 3+ years working experience within the same or similar role
- Preference will be given to graduates who completed articles (SAIPA/SAICA)
- Ability to work with clients
Duties will include but is not limited to:
- Processing and Reconciling of cashbook and bank statements
- Processing and Reconciling of petty cash accounts
- Reviewing Creditor and debtor reconciliations, following up queries
- Maintaining fixed asset registers.
- Assisting in month end procedures incl:
- Processing of relevant journals
- Performing Reconciliations between financial and operating systems
- Organising and reviewing monthly stock take and processing inventory journals
- Reviewing all balance sheet account reconciliations (incl. provision for bad debt)
- Assisting with preparation and review of all required reconciliations of income statement accounts
- Processing Payroll journals and performing payroll reconciliations
- Processing depreciation journals
- Processing intercompany Journals and performing reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly management statements and cost analysis.
- Preparing and submission of VAT returns
- Preparing detailed costing analysis per vehicle on a monthly basis
- Assisting external auditors during audits and reviews.
Please note: Ony shortlisted candidates will be contacted