HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (GENERAL NURSING SCIENCE) REF NO:
CJMNC08/2023 (X1 POST)
Component: Charles Johnson Memorial Nursing Campus
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: KWAZULU-NATAL DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SALARY: R645 720 per annum. Plus 13th cheque, 12% rural allowance, medical aid (optional) and housing allowance (homeowners’ allowance (employee must meet prescribed requirements)
CENTRE: Charles Johnson Memorial Nursing Campus
Senior Certificate/Grade 12 plus; A Diploma/Degree in Nursing, Midwifery and Community plus A post-registration qualification in Nursing Education registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) plus Current Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) 2023 plus; A minimum of nine (9) years appropriate/recognizable nursing experience after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC; At least four (4) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience in Nursing Education after obtaining the post-basic qualification in Nursing Education. Unendorsed valid driver’s license. Recommendations: Master’s degree in nursing, A post-registration qualification in Nursing Management/Nursing Administration/Health Service Management; Basic computer literacy course. Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: The incumbent of the post will report to the Principal of CJM Campus and will be responsible to coordinate, implement and monitor an effective and efficient clinical training system. The ideal candidate must: Possess knowledge of Public Service Administration Acts and Legislation such as Health Act, Higher Education Act, SAQA Act, NQF, Nursing ACT, Rules and Regulations, Council on Higher Education Policies, College Policies, PSR, Disciplinary Code and Procedure, Labour Relations Act, etc. Have in-depth knowledge of procedures and processes related to nursing and nursing education and training. Possess sound knowledge and understanding of nursing code of ethics and professional practice of the South African Nursing Council. Thorough knowledge and understanding of Nursing Standard of Practice and Scope of Practice. Possess knowledge of curriculum development and review. Knowledge of procedures and processes related to coordination of Basic and Post Basic Nursing including the Diploma in Nursing (General, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwifery, Diploma in Nursing, Higher Certificate in Nursing, Advanced Diploma in Midwifery and Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing. Possess proficiency in teaching and assessment in Nursing Education. Possess sound knowledge of planning, scheduling, implementation of Nurse training programmes. Possess sound conflict and decision-making/problem solving skills. Have good research and analytical skills. Have excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written). Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office package, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Good interpersonal relations. Ability to work within deadlines.
- Coordinates the provision of education and training of Student Nurses.
- Manages clinical learning exposure to students between campus and clinical areas. Coordinates and ensures clinical accompaniment of students. Coordinates teaching and learning of R171 programme.
- Develops and ensures implementation of quality assurance programmes. Collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders and build a sound relationship within the Department.
- Supervised and management of performance and development of staff under your discipline in accordance with EPMDS policy.
- Oversees the supervision of students. Policy analysis and development. Development and review of nursing curricula for all categories of training.
- Implements the new nursing programmes in line with SANC and CHE regulations.
- Participates in the provisioning of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities at the Campus.
- Participates in all governance structures of the Campus.
Applications must be forwarded to: Attention: Human Resource Manager, The Chief Executive Officer, Charles Johnson Memorial Hospital, Private Bag X5503, Nqutu, 3135 or Hand Delivered to Charles Johnson Memorial Hospital HR
Please note that due to a large number of applications we receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Communication will only be entered into with candidates that have been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
ENQUIRIES: Ms RE Khoza Tel No: (034) 271 6412
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023
Visit for more opportunities.