Closing date: 13 September 2018
Operating entity: Sasol Secunda Synfuels Operation
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Gas Production
Job Designation: Electrical Artisan Gr 2
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure continuous plant availability through effective maintenance of electrical equipment.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- Safety and good housekeeping
- Maintenance of all electrical and related equipment
- Be able to do maintenance and fault finding
- Implementation of modifications
- Read and understand Electrical diagrams
- Standby duties
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 / N3 with English, Math’s or Science(SG or HG) (Must)
- Trade test certificate- NQF 4 (Must)
- Able to communicate and correspond in English
- Valid driver’s licence (Must)
- Experience in a Petro-chemical environment
- Switching/Electrical distribution experience
- Fault finding experience
- Knowledge of generators
- Transformer maintenance
- Switchgear maintenance
- Knowledge and skills of emergency procedures
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
- An ability to work alone and as a team member
- Easy to lead (humility) and willing to follow
- Problem solving and fault finding abilities
Functional / Technical
- An ability to conduct high level fault finding, repair and inspections on LV and MV switchgear, electrical control systems, transformers, DC&UPS systems, VSDs, cables, earthing systems, electrical protection relays, heaters, motors, cranes, lifts and EX rated classified equipment
- An ability to read and interpret electrical single line drawings, motor control schematics, logic diagrams, data sheets and associated technical documents
- Willing to work overtime as / when required
- Must be prepared to accept challenges, responsibility and accountability
- Strongly goal orientated, hard working with strong career aspiration
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply On Company Site
The post Electrical Artisan Gr 2 appeared first on GovNet.