We are seeking a dependable, experienced delivery driver to become a vital part of our team. A clean driving record is a must. It is envisaged that the incumbent be organized, efficient and professional at all times, while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time
- Load vehicle accurately and safely for customer deliveries.
- Make sure stock loaded matches the customer invoice.
- Unload vehicle as needed at customer and or branch location.
- Read maps or set GPS to determine and track daily route.
- Ensure products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Always follow rules and regulations of the road.
- Always conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner. Treat all customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Always keep vehicle organized, clean and tidy.
- Maintain and organize all delivery paperwork and hand to the appropriate personnel at the end of each day.
- Refuel vehicle as needed.
- Inspect delivery vehicle daily looking for anything problematic (low tyre pressure, tyre wear, dents etc.) and report any abnormalities.
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while enroute, to the branch manager.
- Follow all company and safety requirements for loading and unloading product.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of the branch as needed.
- Assist in the performance of year-end physical stock count at the branch.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Delivery Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- Possess a matric or equivalent certification.
- Have a valid code 10 driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Physically fit and medically sound.
- Experience using pallet jacks and forklifts a plus.
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all clients a positive customer service experience.
- Must be fluent in English
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.
Visit Application Site