The Special Social Relief of Distress Grant, the amount to be paid to qualifying applications will be R350 per month from May – October 2020.
The qualifying criteria for the special Social Relief of Distress of R350 per month for distressed individuals is as follows:
– The grant will be available to South African Citizen.
– Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs system; who are resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
Applicants must be:
– Above the age of 18;
– Not receiving any income;
– Not receiving any social grant;
– Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
– Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
– Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Prospective Applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for processing of their applications:
– Identity Number/Department of Home permit;
– Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
– Gender and Disability;
– Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
– Contact details – Cell phone number;
– Proof of Residential Address;
In terms of Application process, an application for social relief of distress or a social grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications. The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting SASSA or an E-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za. We are still finalising additional access channels and including SMS, self-help desks and online application process.
Sassa Jobs Here
General Worker Jobs
Shoprite/Picknpay/checkers # Retail Jobs