The South African Traffic Department has launched a huge recruitment drive, to begin training in 2020.
In a statement released the South African Traffic Department said it is looking for young people between the ages of 18 and 30.
Expiring Date 30-06-2020
- Senior Certificate
- RTMC National Diploma for traffic officers
- Registered as a Traffic Officer
- Valid Code B driver’s licence (Code A and/or EC will be
- Computer literacy
- Completed First Aid course
- No criminal record
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring that all traffic regulations and by-laws are effectively
- Performing duties associated with the reduction of traffic
- Delivering on all specialised traffic policing functions assigned to
- Maintaining effective and efficient stakeholder relations,
- Ensuring performance on all administrative sequences related to
statutory documentation, registers and statistics.
- Ensuring adherence to all general organisational protocols, policy
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in cleaning, linen, stock and food related services in a hospital/health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Incumbent must be prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the South Africa.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation.
- Appropriate knowledge with the use of the cleaning equipment, cleaning materials and cleaning detergents; stock and linen.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver an effective cleaning service such as dusting, sweeping, polishing, scrubbing and mopping of floors, clean furniture and other equipment and empty dustbins.
- Effective use of cleaning agents, equipment and provide a hygienic environment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is cleaned after usage and securely stored.
- Safekeeping and stock control of linen, stock, consumables and equipment.
- Serve meals to patients and when required prepare basic snacks.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment in terms of standards and procedures.
- Optimal support to supervisor and colleagues.
The Special Social Relief of Distress Grant, the amount to be paid to qualifying applications will be R350 per month from May – October 2020.
The qualifying criteria for the special Social Relief of Distress of R350 per month for distressed individuals is as follows:
– The grant will be available to South African Citizen.
– Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs system; who are resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
Applicants must be:
– Above the age of 18;
– Not receiving any income;
– Not receiving any social grant;
– Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
– Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
– Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Prospective Applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for processing of their applications:
– Identity Number/Department of Home permit;
– Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
– Gender and Disability;
– Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
– Contact details – Cell phone number;
– Proof of Residential Address;
In terms of Application process, an application for social relief of distress or a social grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications. The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting SASSA or an E-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za. We are still finalising additional access channels and including SMS, self-help desks and online application process.
Sassa Jobs Here
General Worker Jobs
Shoprite/Picknpay/checkers # Retail Jobs
With a vision to be the leading fashion lifestyle retailer in Africa, The Foschini Group (TFG) consists of 22 stylish local and international retail brands. We are an innovative force with a passion for retail. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- A Matric Certificate.
- A qualification in Décor and/or Interior Design will be an advantage.
- Passionate about retail, Décor and Interior Design is a must.
- Sales and driven and service focused.
- Must Possess a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude.
- Demonstrate initiative to deliver results.
- Experience in representing a quality brand
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business and will require weekends and evening shifts.
key areas of responsibilities will include
- Being an ambassador for our brand and offering amazing customer experience.
- Selling a diverse furniture range and keeping up to date with the latest décor trends.
- Searching out opportunities for making new sales.
- Exceed customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible solutions.
- Actively track sales performance against monthly targets.
- Assist with replenishing of stock to ensure the store is ready for our customers at all times.
- You must have high energy, who will help create positive energy and excitement around our brand and products.
R 4500- R8000
At Shoprite a wide range of in-store positions are also available in our continent-wide operations, including food, furniture and fast-food retailing.
The Shoprite Group is the largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa. We believe our employees are key to our success. We focus on attracting, developing and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organisational objectives.
A wide range of store-environment positions are also available in our continent-wide operations, including food, furniture and fast-food retailing.
About the company
Shoprite made a promise of lower prices over 40 years ago. More than just words, this promise has formed the very foundation of our business and has helped us grow into Africa’s largest food retailer. Today, with over 500 outlets and 22 million shoppers, we continue to provide many communities with a variety of food products, household goods and small appliances at our lowest possible prices.
More services for more convenience
We know life can get quite busy so, beyond every day low prices on household essentials, one of our goals has also been to make shopping as quick and easy as it can be. Thanks to our Money Market services, you can pay accounts, send money, book bus tickets and even take care of insurance in-store. You’ll also find LiquorShop and MediRite Pharmacy at some of our outlets.
How to Apply
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of employment equity guidelines. To promote sales, reduce losses, manage stock, manage people and control expenses. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Grade 12
- Business-related tertiary qualification would be an advantage
- Computer Literate
- Strong Leadership abilities – giving recognition and support, giving direction and guidance, communicating and interacting, service orientation
- Management abilities – Planning, Organising and Control; Problem solving, Decision making & Analysing
- Increase sales
- Stock loss
- Drive a low-cost business according to company standards
- Ensure administrative duties within the store are in accordance with company standards
- Management of team
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing a wider range of communication services. Vodafone has an exciting opportunity for a support analyst to join their finance department to be responsible for and ensuring data import and processing. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Matric/ Grade 12 qualification
- 3 year completed Ndip/Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5-8 years of IT experience (Telecoms or Fixed-mobile advantageous)
- CCA131 certification (desirable)
- Knowledge of Big Data (essential)
- Agile Methodology(desirable)
- Hadoop or YARN or Linux or HDFS or CDH or Scripting/Java/Python/R (essential)
- Configure and Maintain Name Node/ Resource manager High Availability (HA), including Hive, Impala
- Manage cluster support by rebalancing the cluster, setting up alerts for disk fill, and YARN resource management;
- Configure HDFS ACLs, Sentry, Hue user authorization and authentication;
- Continuous benchmarking of the cluster s operational metrics, test systems configuration for operational efficiency;
- Resolve all logged incidences and service requests (SR) Troubleshoot and resolve errors/warnings in Cloudera Manager and application delays. Resolve performance problems/errors in operations
- Provide guidance and decisive technical leadership
- Ensure the BDP cluster is secured from potential vulnerabilities
- Provided a leadership role with key stakeholders for optimal deliverance of use cases