The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Economic Development Department has the following job opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months and these will be located in the following Regions: (A: Kya Sands, C: Florida/Roodepoort, D: Klipspruit, F: Aeroton and G: Lenasia)
The department is inviting unemployed individuals to apply to provide various services within the Priority Economic Zones (PEZ). We encourage people living closer to the mentioned PEZ to apply accordingly. The suitable candidates will be required to assist with general work, litter picking, public education, patrolling.
Salary Range: R3 200 pm (monthly stipend)
- To pick litter in the PEZ;
- Do public awareness on waste management;
- Perform any other duties as delegated by supervisor (applies to all responsibilities).
Grade 8 or higher
Good Interpersonal Skills -writing and verbal communication skills.
Leading Competencies: Collaborative/Teamwork & Accountability. Emotional intelligence. Sound judgement. Work independently and under pressure.
Core Competencies: Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, HR Values and CoJ Values, Integrity and Professionalism Impact and Influence and Confidentiality.
How to apply
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Minimum of Grade 10/standard 8 or Abet Level 4 . 0 -2 years cleaning experience. Hospital Cleaning experience will be an added advantage. Good communication skills. Ability to effectively use cleaning machines and materials. Possess physical strength, be in good health and able to cope with physical demands of the post. Be prepared to work shifts including weekends and public holidays. Be prepared to rotate to different areas that require cleaning. Be able to work in a team environment.
Clean wards, offices, showers, toilets, passages, lifts etc. Dust, wash walls and windows, sweep, scrub and polish floors. Prepare board rooms. Operate heavy duty/industrial cleaning machines. Keep equipment’s clean. Remove medical and general waste. Safe keeping and control of cleaning equipment’s and materials. Sort, count, Pack and prepare linen. Adhere to occupational health and safety and Infection control policies. cleaning of equipment’s, changing of curtains, and Perform any other duties delegated by the supervisor.
.It is legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check(PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification processes entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer : Department of Health
To ensure a reliable duty by assisting RME Construction teams during maintenance and construction works
To ensure that the is completed effectively and efficiently performing general worker duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCE REQUIRED Minimum Grad 9 and or 6 months relevant experience Physically fit.(Undergo medal examination and be declared fit for duty) Be alert and safety conscious, Be able to communicate in English Be able to under adverse weather condition Be prepared to work extended hours on Shon notice Be Willing to relocate or work outside you’ designated Be able to work confined spaces at heights Be prepared to engage in labour.
Health Safety conscious Be prepared to work on noise environmental area.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Carry out tasks as set out by the Supervisor/Team Leader. Be punctual and must Of sober habits Handling. loading and offloading material. Cleaning 01 silos by removing weeds. stacking material, sweeping floors, removing and disposing Of excess. ’rubble. Must be able to use hand tool (non- mechanised) in the construction environment Cleaning o’ proof of residential address ‘or the last 3 months must be attached ‘affidavit on the application Certified Copy of (ID) must be attached copy of School report must be attached If the above documents not attached a “cation will be deemed ‘declared invalid
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in cleaning, linen, stock and food related services in a hospital/health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Incumbent must be prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the South Africa.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation.
- Appropriate knowledge with the use of the cleaning equipment, cleaning materials and cleaning detergents; stock and linen.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Deliver an effective cleaning service such as dusting, sweeping, polishing, scrubbing and mopping of floors, clean furniture and other equipment and empty dustbins.
- Effective use of cleaning agents, equipment and provide a hygienic environment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is cleaned after usage and securely stored.
- Safekeeping and stock control of linen, stock, consumables and equipment.
- Serve meals to patients and when required prepare basic snacks.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment in terms of standards and procedures.
- Optimal support to supervisor and colleagues.
The Special Social Relief of Distress Grant, the amount to be paid to qualifying applications will be R350 per month from May – October 2020.
The qualifying criteria for the special Social Relief of Distress of R350 per month for distressed individuals is as follows:
– The grant will be available to South African Citizen.
– Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs system; who are resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
Applicants must be:
– Above the age of 18;
– Not receiving any income;
– Not receiving any social grant;
– Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
– Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
– Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Prospective Applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for processing of their applications:
– Identity Number/Department of Home permit;
– Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
– Gender and Disability;
– Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
– Contact details – Cell phone number;
– Proof of Residential Address;
In terms of Application process, an application for social relief of distress or a social grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications. The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting SASSA or an E-mail to [email protected]. We are still finalising additional access channels and including SMS, self-help desks and online application process.
Sassa Jobs Here
General Worker Jobs
Shoprite/Picknpay/checkers # Retail Jobs
With a vision to be the leading fashion lifestyle retailer in Africa, The Foschini Group (TFG) consists of 22 stylish local and international retail brands. We are an innovative force with a passion for retail. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- A Matric Certificate.
- A qualification in Décor and/or Interior Design will be an advantage.
- Passionate about retail, Décor and Interior Design is a must.
- Sales and driven and service focused.
- Must Possess a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude.
- Demonstrate initiative to deliver results.
- Experience in representing a quality brand
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business and will require weekends and evening shifts.
key areas of responsibilities will include
- Being an ambassador for our brand and offering amazing customer experience.
- Selling a diverse furniture range and keeping up to date with the latest décor trends.
- Searching out opportunities for making new sales.
- Exceed customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible solutions.
- Actively track sales performance against monthly targets.
- Assist with replenishing of stock to ensure the store is ready for our customers at all times.
- You must have high energy, who will help create positive energy and excitement around our brand and products.
R 4500- R8000