ASSISTANT MANAGER NURSING (SPECIALTY) ADVANCED MIDWIFE
REF NO: EDU 42/2023
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: KWAZULU-NATAL DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SALARY: R683 838 – R767 184 per annum. Other benefits: medical aid – optional, housing allowance – employee must meet prescribed requirements, 13th cheque and 12% rural allowance.
CENTRE: Edumbe CHC
Degree/Diploma qualification that allows registration to General Nursing and Midwifery. Post basic relevant nursing qualification with duration of at least 1 year (Diploma in Advanced Midwifery & Neonatal Nursing Science). Registration certificate with SANC. Current SANC receipt. A minimum of 10 years appropriate / recognizable experience in the nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing and Midwifery. At least 6 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in Dip in Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science. At least 3 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience at management level. Certificate of service from current and previous employers stamped and signed by the Human Resource Department will be required when shortlisted on or before the interview. Valid Drivers Licence. Recommendations: Computer literacy. Degree/Diploma in nursing management would be an advantage. Knowledge, Skills, Competencies Required: Knowledge of Public Service Acts, regulations and policies. Knowledge of SANC rules and regulations. Knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures, nursing statutes and other relevant legal frameworks. Knowledge of Code of conduct, labour relations and disciplinary procedures and processes. Basic understanding of finance policies and procedures, and management of Human Resources. Good communication, verbal, written, problem-solving, leadership skills, interpersonal and conflict management skills. Teambuilding, supervisory/management and analytic skills. Basic computer literacy as a support tool to enhance service delivery. Sound knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures, scope of practice in areas of work performance and other relevant legal frameworks. Knowledge of clinical governance structures, norms and standards, ideal hospital, occupational health and safety, infection preventions and control, medical waste and risk management. Familiar with complaints management and patient safety incident and learning procedures. Knowledge and experience in implementation of Batho Pele Principles and Patient’s Rights Charter. Familiar with following programmes: MBFI, ESMOE, KINK guidelines, EPOC.
- Demonstrate effective communication with supervisors, other health professionals and support services personnel and junior colleagues, including more complex report writing when required.
- Ability to direct a multi-disciplinary team, meet regularly to ensure good nursing care. Work effectively and amicable, at management level, with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial or religious differences.
- Able to manage own work and that of units reporting to the post, and to ensure appropriate interventions to enhance nursing services.
- Able to develop and maintain a nursing service environment that promotes the rights of patients, advocating and facilitating proper treatment and care and ensuring that the principles of Batho Pele are adhered to.
- Demonstrate the required computer literacy to adequately manage information according to the requirements of the hospital.
- Able to plan, maintain and control the nursing services budget for the relevant units. Coordination of optimal, holistic specialized nursing care provided within set standards and professional/legal framework.
- Supervision of personnel and programs using standardized and prescribed audit tools. Participation in clinical audits morbidity and mortality.
- Involved in data verification using prescribed tool and source documents to ensure quality of data. Ensure reduction of morbidity and mortality in Obstetrics and Gynae.
- Ensure availability and proper utilization of resources for smooth running of the unit. Participation in effective and efficient management of human, material resources.
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, visitors, supervisors, and other health professionals and junior colleagues.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary team at hospital level to ensure good nursing care by the nursing team. Work effectively at a supervisory level with persons of diverse intellectual.
- Display a concern for patients, promoting, advocating and facilitating proper treatment and care ensuring that the hospital adheres to principles of Batho Pele.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in terms of EPMDS. Promotion of team effort. Implementation and management of Infection control and prevention protocols.
- Manage all complaints in an amicable manner.
All applications should be forwarded to: Assistant Director: HRM, Edumbe Community Health Centre, 463 eDumbe Main Street Location, Paulpietersburg, 3180, HR office No: 46
People with disability should feel free to apply.
ENQUIRIES: Ms BTN Kunene Tel No: (034) 995 8500, ext. 8567
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023
Visit for more opportunities.