Closing date: 30 September 2018
Operating entity: Sasol Mining (Impumelelo)
Geographical area: Balfour (Dipaliseng)
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility, to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Manage control and maintain equipment in area of responsibility
- Safety management and risk assessment
- Ensure that COPs and SOPs are understood and adhered to
- Identify ISO standards
- Accurate and realistic maintenance and overall plan and budget
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of equipment
- Conformance to all legal statutory and Sasol requirements
- Provide specific expertise and in-section coaching and training and complex repairs
- Evaluate personnel training needs schedule for training
- Coach sub-ordinates towards requirements for next highest level.
Job Requirements: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Grade 12 / N3 with Maths, Science, and English or Business English
- NQF4 Trade Test (Electro Mechanic)
- PLC experience
- Valid Red Ticket
- First Aid certificate
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Electro Mechanic
- Flameproof Certificate (will be to your advantage)
- Gas Testing (Fiery Mines) will be to your advantage
Underground Coal Mining Experience will be to your advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Team building and coaching skills
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities
- Ability to drive QCDSM
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Conceptual ability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic planning
- Risk Assessment
Apply On Company Site
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
The post Artisan / Snr Artisan: Electro Mechanic/Millwright appeared first on GovNet.