Institution: Khayelitsha District Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Administrative Line Function And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate administrative experience.
- Practical experience in computer literacy, MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to speak at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Clinicom.
Duties (key result areas and outputs):
- Effective and efficient patient administration including checking that all patients are admitted on Clinicom, ensuring that all fees admin related documents are signed, ensuring availability of folders and necessary documents for admission etc.
- Management of material resources and assets.
- Information management, ensuring timeous submission of statistics; Linking of babies, admission of patients in obstetrics after hours.
- Perform administration duties including typing, filing, faxing and correspondence, dealing with telephone inquiries, keeping notice board tidy.
- Contribute towards generation of revenue for the institution.
- Deal with discharges, appointments, ICD 10 Codes and that prescription charts are sent to pharmacy.
- Order stock for wards via LOGIS.
- Support to supervisor.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Plainsman 5/9/2018, Vukani/City Vision 6/9/2018, PSVC 36/2018)
The post Administration Clerk: Wards appeared first on GovNet.